Monday, January 28, 2013

Sound Intro and Hearing Loss

Sound travels in waves. You can measure sound in Hertz (Hz). One interesting fact I learned from the Sound Video was that if you change the shape of the room you're in, the sound waves bounce differently and create better, clearer sound.

The Today Show video was about hearing loss. It featured a guy who had lost most of his hearing due to loud noises and loud music. He went to a doctor and found that there are new hearing aids that are nearly invisible and help amplify sounds that he hadn't heard in years. The doctor still recommended that people wear ear plugs in loud situations to protect their sense of hearing, though. I don't think this video applied to me too much because I don't usually do the things that were listed in the video as bad for my hearing. I might look into getting ear plugs in case I ever am in loud situations, like concerts or big get-togethers.

No comments:

Post a Comment